Well hey, it’s been a long day
And your words are ringing in my head
Like a phone off the hook
And I know that you know
That I know all about you
So, come on darlin’, don’t hide behind those tired lines
Ad-libbing hope
While you measure out the fraying ends
On that eleventh-hour rope
On that eleventh-hour rope
And I’m not going to save you
Because I never could
But I’m not going to let you off the hook
And hey, it’s been a long day
And maybe you can take up my time
Baby, I’ve got all night
And I won’t leave you in the dark
And I know that you know
That I know all about you
So, come on darlin’, don’t go gently into the night
Ad-libbing courage
While you burn in the wreckage of that eleventh-hour fight
And maybe we all need a spark
And maybe we al need a safe place to fall apart
And maybe we all need open hands
And maybe we all need a map
When we find ourselves lost in the dark
When we find ourselves lost in the dark
And maybe we all need someone to reach back
And maybe we all need
Maybe
And I’m not going to save you
Because I never could
But I’m not going to walk away
And close my eyes while you jump-
And hey, it’s been a long day
And I know that you know
That I knowAnd hey, it’s been a long day
And I know that you know
It’s a little a heavy
It’s a little light
And hey, maybe you can take up my time
And hey, I’ll be here waiting
So, come on darlin’, I’ve got all night
And I won’t leave you
I won’t leave you
My hands are open
And I’m waiting for you
And hey, it’s a little heavy
And a little light
And I know that you know
That I know all about you
And maybe this is me picking up the phone
And maybe this is me sending words back through the wire
You can take up my time
I’ll be here all night
And I promise you that I don’t mind
Because you know that I know
That you know all about me
And maybe you would say the same
So, come on baby, my hands are open
And hey, you can take up my time
Because I’m not going to leave you
Not tonight
Not tonight~

No comments:
Post a Comment